Do you make fitness resolutions, only to find that you can't seem to make them happen? Here are some tips to help you reach your 2017 resolutions: 1) keep your goals do-able; 2) make them specific; and 3) have short term and long term fitness goals.
For example, if I know I just have 20 minutes a day to exercise, that is all I will commit to. My specific goal will be to exercise for 20 minutes, 5 days a week. My short term goal is to lose 10 pounds in 2 months; my long term goal is to fit into that dress I want to buy.
Do you find lack of time to be the major reason you can't seem to get in your exercise?
Here are a few ways to fit exercise into your busy life:
1) Think of your home as your gym. Walk up and down your stairs for 5 minutes, then do some fast walking or jogging around your house.
2) Squats, lunges, push-ups and tricep dips can be done anywhere and need no more equipment than your body!
3) Put on your favorite dance music and dance! Dance is excellent exercise and you can get the whole family involved!
4) Just have 10 minutes here and there to fit in exercise? Studies show that three 10 minute sessions a day are just as effective for weight loss and fitness as one 30 minute session. Women ages 31 to 57 who squeezed in three 10-minute walks most days of the week lost nearly twice as many inches off their waistlines as those who did single 30-minute sessions, according to British research.
Here are other tips to keep you motivated to continue to exercise in the warmer weather:
1) Do exercise you enjoy. You are more likely to keep doing it if it's something you love. Can't think of something you enjoy? Think back to when you were a child and what you loved to do. Riding a bike, jumping rope, dancing, running and walking are all good exercise!
2) Add variety to your routine. Don't do the same exercises day after day because your body will no longer be challenged. Try something new, add different exercises to your routine or switch around the order of your exercises. If you keep your body guessing as to what is coming next, you'll keep yourself from getting into a plateau with your weight.
3) Exercise with a friend or hire a personal trainer. A friend or a trainer will ensure that you show up and get the exercise done. A trainer will also be sure you continue to push yourself and see progress.
4) Exercise with music. Studies show that those who exercise with tunes last longer and have better workouts!
5) Can't seem to find the time to get in your exercise? Studies show that three 10 minute sessions a day are just as effective for weight loss and fitness as one 30 minute session. Women ages 31 to 57 who squeezed in three 10-minute walks most days of the week lost nearly twice as many inches off their waistlines as those who did single 30-minute sessions, according to British research.
6) Stick with your exercise throughout the winter and some of those spring clothes will either be too loose or fit a lot better! What better motivation is there when your clothes fit better or you need a smaller size?
A personal trainer can give you the motivation to keep you going and give you a clear idea of what goals will work for you!
I offer in-home personal training to clients in Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Gaithersburg, Kensington, Northwest DC, Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, Takoma Park.
Call Nancy at (301) 332-3523 to start your High Energy Fitness program today!
Personal trainer Bethesda, personal trainer Chevy Chase, personal trainer Gaithersburg, personal trainer Kensington, personal trainer Northwest DC, personal trainer Olney, personal trainer Potomac, personal trainer Silver Spring, personal trainer Rockville and personal trainer Takoma Park.
High Energy Fitness
"Do not let what you can not do interfere with what you can do."
High Energy Fitness is now on YouTube and Facebook! Join me for fitness tips, support and encouragement and bragging rights for any and all successes!